A large fluffy pancake has always been a treat in our childhood. And of course, when a lot of cherries come in during the cherry season, we throw a handful of them in the pancake tube. Do you also want to make delicious cherry pancakes with fresh cherries? We give a few recipes as well as some good ideas for refining!
Inside tips for delicious pancakes with cherries
In summer, pancakes with fresh, seasonal fruit are a real treat. And since it’s cherry season, we offer you some delicious recipe ideas for the classic combination.
You do not need any special ingredients to make a cherry pancake. First, prepare a pancake batter with or without yeast and set aside for a moment. Meanwhile, prepare the fresh cherries. Both sweet and sour cherries fit this recipe – it is a matter of taste, among other things. Black cherries have a rather sweet and fruity taste and are one of our favorites for this recipe. But you can also use other types of cherries.
The cherry pancakes can be prepared in different ways. For example, you can bake a classic pancake and sprinkle it with the stoned cherries (click here for some pitting tricks) before turning. Alternatively, you can pour the pancake batter into an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven. The result is airy, airy pancakes that are crispy at the edges and taste fantastic.
Recipe for cherry pancakes with yeast
These delicious cherry pancakes made from yeast dough are the ideal summer breakfast for the whole family. You can use both sour and sweet cherries.
- 250 ml buttermilk
- ½ pack dry yeast
- 40 grams of sugar
- 125 grams of flour
- 1 egg
- 20 grams of butter
- 200 g sour or sweet cherries
- Powdered sugar for dust
- Wash and stone the cherries and set aside.
- Heat 100 milliliters of buttermilk. Stir in yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar and leave to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining sugar, flour, salt, eggs and remaining buttermilk to the yeast mixture and mix into a semi-liquid dough. Leave for another 45 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a pan and use a ladle to pour the yeast dough into the pan. Spread the cherries on top, cook for 2-3 minutes and turn gently.
- Put the lid on the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the finished cherry pancakes with the icing sugar.
Tip: You can prepare this recipe all year round with canned sour cherries!
Cherry pancakes with sweet cherries in the oven
You can also cook a delicious cherry pancake in the oven. The recipe is similar to French clafoutis, but not as creamy, more airy.
- 100 grams of cherries
- 2 eggs, size L
- 80 ml milk
- 40 grams of flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Stone the cherries and pick them into large pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- In another medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar and salt.
- Put the butter in an ovenproof dish and let it melt in the oven. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. Add cherries.
- Pour the batter into the hot, greased pan and cook for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180 ° C and continue to bake until the pancake is puffed and well browned, about 15 minutes.
Vegan pancakes with cherries and chocolate chips
Who doesn’t love thick American pancakes? The small stacked cakes not only look great, but also taste fantastic. The following recipe offers you a vegan version, which is refined with fresh cherries and delicious chocolate pieces.
- 100 ml of plant milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 130 grams of flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for drizzle
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon any vegetable oil, plus more to brush the pan
- 100 g cherries, hollowed out and halved
- 20 g chocolate pieces
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a measuring cup or small bowl. Let it sour briefly while mixing the other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sour milk until well blended.
- Invert the chocolate pieces and cherries, stirring only briefly.
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan and set on medium heat. Add the pancake batter with a ladle, turning after about a minute when the edges have hardened and some bubbles appear on the surface.
- Stack the pancakes and enjoy with your choice of toppings.
Pancakes with cherries – ideas for sophistication
The recipes for cherry pancakes are suitable for both breakfast and dessert. If you choose such a dessert, you can serve the pancakes with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
To vary the cherry pancake recipe, you can add some blueberries to the cherries. Or try other fruits, e.g. B. with chopped apples. If you like a nutty taste, you can refine the recipe with sliced almonds.