(Type 405, and a little more to edit)
To the shopping list
Prepare the dough the day before. Mix the sourdough, 150 ml cold water and wheat flour type 1050. Cover and let rest at room temperature for 12 hours, preferably overnight.
Dissolve yeast in 200 ml of lukewarm water. Knead the pre-dough, wheat flour type 405, salt and oil in a bowl with the kneading hook on the hand mixer for 5 minutes to a smooth dough. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into quarters and form flat cakes (approx. 16 cm in diameter) with your hands.
Heat clarified butter in a large pan. Bake the flatbreads one after the other on medium heat for 8-10 minutes each until golden brown.
Turn occasionally and thaw with hot fat. Pour on kitchen paper and salt to taste.
How do you eat flatbread? Tasty toppings
After you have baked the small flatbreads in the pan, you can use them as you like. They taste good on their own, with soup, with yogurt dip or garlic marinade.
But you can also easily fill flatbread. Let your imagination run wild: How about a fresh tomato and cucumber salsa, for example. Or top the flatbreads like a pizza and gratinate them again briefly in the oven. Ingredients such as zucchini, tomatoes, hot salami, olives, mushrooms, etc. are suitable for this.
Or try our eggplant topping:
For the yoghurt dip:
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- 300 g Greek cream yoghurt (10% fat)
- sea salt
- 3 tablespoons mineral water (sparkling)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
To the eggplant top
- 600 grams of eggplant
- 400 grams of tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder, hot
- 1 teaspoon cumin (malt)
- ½ pile of parsley
- ½ pile of coriander green
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For the yoghurt dip Wash coriander and dry. Pick the leaves from the stems and coarsely chop. Mix the yogurt with salt, a pinch of sugar, mineral water, olive oil and coriander.
- To the eggplant top Cut the aubergines into fine cubes. Lay side by side on the work surface and salt lightly. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into coarse cubes. Finely chop the garlic, finely chop the shallots.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic in it until it is transparent. Mix in the paprika powder and cumin and sauté briefly. Dry the aubergines and add them together with diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pick the parsley and coriander leaves, chop coarsely and fold in just before the cooking time is over. Allow to cool. Season with lemon juice, the rest of the olive oil and possibly salt and pepper.
- First spread the yoghurt dip on the flatbread and place the eggplant top in the middle.