Cherry Cake Fans: An airy batter in which the juicy cherries sink is something delicious, right? With this recipe you bake the classic.
There are cake recipes * that you simply associate with the past: visits to grandma and coffee with the family. Fruitcakes are definitely one of them, because they are classics that grandma always loved to bake. For example, a delicious one cherry pie, for which it does not need many ingredients – especially not unusual, for which you must first go to three different supermarkets. No, with this recipe you can manage with the standard range for hobby bakers: butter, sugar, eggs, flour and of course cherries. You can fresh cherries take them out of the garden when they are in season (June to August). Or very smart, as described in the recipe below, Cherries from the jar use, then they are seasonally independent. Good things can be so simple. This cherry pie is definitely one of them!
Also read: Fancy a chocolate cheesecake? The oven is off for this recipe.
Recipe: Cherry cake made by grandma – The ingredients
Servings: 12 (for 1 springform pan)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 jar without cherries (350 g drained weight)
- 125 g butter
- 125 grams of sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- a little sugar
Delicious too: Recipe for a triple chocolate cake – perfect for those who can never get enough of chocolate.
Behind the cherry cake that Grandma used to make: Here’s how to do it
- Empty the cherries.
- Melt the butter slowly and allow to cool.
- Gradually stir in the sugar, vanilla sugar and then the eggs.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder and add the butter-sugar-egg mixture.
- Add enough milk to make the dough a creamy mass. It must not be too fluid.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C top / bottom heat (160 ° C convection oven). Read here in that case preheating is not necessary. Grease the mold with butter, then pour in the batter and smooth out.
- Spread the cherries on top and press them a little into the batter.
- Bake the cherry cake on the middle rack in a preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- Then let the cake cool and sprinkle with a little icing sugar just before serving.
Video: Also delicious – This dessert is served in lemon!
Tips: If you prefer to bake a cake plate because you have a lot of hungry cake eaters at home, there is no problem: just double the amount of ingredients. Good baking and good appetite! *Merkur.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.
Also try: Bake this heavenly mandarin cake with yogurt.