Who can resist a delicious strawberry cake in the summer? With this recipe, you simply bake it on a tray – so there is enough for everyone.
The strawberry season requires that the juicy small berries be transformed into delicious cakes and desserts. Strawberry cake is one of the classics that Grandma used to have. It is traditionally prepared in spring form, possibly with batter, biscuits or puff pastry. Strawberry shortcake is also available from the box. To do this, we will first prepare one airy sponge cake to which is baked. To learn more tips and tricks for baking with a sponge cake, check out this article on how to make a sponge cake. Our variant of a strawberry cake from a box is, so to speak, an unrolled Swiss roll. This makes cooking very easy, and you are done in a short time: while baking the bottom in the oven, make a delicious one Cream made from quark and crème fraîche and prepare the strawberries. Then just cover until the biscuit base and the strawberry cake is ready. A great thing if you do not have much time to bake or want to feed many who eat.
Do not want to miss more recipes and kitchen tricks?
Everything that has to do with cooking and baking is available in our regular gourmet newsletter.
Delicious too: A highlight for every coffee table: panna cottakake with strawberry topping.
Recipe for strawberry cake from the box: the ingredients
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Serving size: for 1 tray
For the sponge cake:
- 4 eggs (size M)
- 4 tablespoons water (hot)
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 170 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g fresh cream
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 organic lemon
- 300 g fresh strawberries
- Lemon peel or powdered sugar (to taste)
Also try: How to bake quick rainbow muffins: colorful and delicious.
How to bake the quick strawberry cake from the mold
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top / bottom heat or 160 ° C fan. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the biscuit dough Beat the eggs with the water in a bowl with the hand mixer for about 8 minutes until light and fluffy. While doing this, sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- Mix flour and baking powder and carefully sift the mixture over the egg mixture. Fold them in carefully. Do not stir for too long to keep the batter airy.
- Spread the sponge cake evenly on the baking tray with a spatula. Place the plate directly into the hot oven and bake the batter for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
- For covering mix crème fraîche, quark, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl. Clean, wash and halve or quarter (depending on size) the strawberries.
- Then let the dough cool for 10 minutes and then turn it out on the rack. Carefully pull off the baking paper.
- Place the biscuit base on a plate and spread the cream on it. Top this with the fresh strawberries. Garnish the strawberry cake with a little lemon zest or icing sugar if you like.
Good baking and good appetite! (crazy)