Summer sun sunshine. You immediately think of vacation. Best in Italy. There, Dolce Vita is sweetened with the most delicious food. You can easily bring the Italian style to the table yourself. Try the delicious Italian focaccia. The flatbread is not only delicious, but also cooked super quickly.
Also read: Two recipes for rice salad: With salami and peppers or with cheese and nuts – delicious and easy on hot days! >>
You only need 5 minutes for that. And you probably have the ingredients at home. You can also top the fluffy, soft bread with cherry tomatoes, rosemary, olives, garlic and sea salt to make your new favorite bread. Try it …
Read also: Meteorologists warn of bad «storm week»: tornadoes, heavy rain, storms and hail – who hits it where and when? >>
Ingredients for the delicious Italian focaccia
You need: 280 grams flour, 140 grams water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 packet dry yeast if you like rosemary, olive oil as needed, coarse salt as needed
Read also: Cream herring with boiled potatoes – How to make the classic yourself!
And this is how the delicious focaccia is made:
1. First put the flour in a bowl and add salt and olive oil. Then add the water gradually.
2. Roughly mix the batter with a fork, add the dry yeast and mix to avoid lumps.
3. Now sprinkle the work surface with flour and knead vigorously with your hands or with the kneading hook on the food processor.
4. When the dough is smooth and can be shaped into a ball, place in a bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
Read also: Difficult stains: HOW to quickly get rid of superglue, ballpoint pens, chewing gum and the like
5. Knead the dough again. Now pull it apart a little to shape the focaccia. You should let them rise for another 10 minutes.
6. Now line a baking tray with parchment paper. Put olive oil, rosemary and coarse salt on the dough loaves as you like. You can now also add cherry tomatoes, olives or cheese to the bread.
7. Now place the baking tray with focaccia in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 30 to 35 minutes.
8. After frying let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares and serve. Finished!
Enjoy the meal!
By the way: The origins of focaccia go back to antiquity. The Romans called it panis focācius “bread baked in the fireplace” (from the Latin focus “fireplace”), as opposed to panis furnācius, bread baked in the oven. It is sometimes seen as a precursor to pizza. Focaccia is considered a Ligurian specialty, especially in the city of Genoa. But there are different varieties throughout Italy.