It’s summer and barbecue is on the doorstep? But do you prefer to eat pizza? No problem, you can do both. If you know how.
Pizza fans will enjoy: Instead of sweating in the kitchen in the summer because the pizza has to be baked in the oven, you can simply prepare your favorite meal out on the grill. Because yes, you can too grill pizza! It is a creative change from the usual barbecue suspects: meat and sausages, corn on the cob, grilled cheese, zucchini, etc. Grilling works best when you have a Grill with lid then you only need a few minutes to bake the pizza. Just for the yeast dough, you need to plan a little more time in the preparation. Psst … or you can use ready-made pizza dough from the refrigeration department. But here comes the recipe with homemade dough first, you can try and adjust if necessary.
Grill pizza: You need these ingredients for 6 mini pizzas
For the dough:
- 1/2 cube fresh yeast
- 200 ml of lukewarm water
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 500 grams of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 125 g mozzarella
You can also use vegetables or sausage for the topping, cut into small pieces of course. However, be aware that the ingredients must be prepared relatively quickly, as the pizzas do not sour for a long time on the grill.
Grilling pizza: how does it work
- To the fence crumble the fresh yeast in the water, add the sugar and stir until the yeast and sugar have dissolved. Knead flour, salt and yeast water in a bowl. Then add olive oil and kneading for about 10 minutes until the dough is elastic.
- Prepare flatbread: Cover the bowl and let the dough rise for about 30 minutes, it should double in volume over time. Divide the dough into 6 parts and roll them out thinly on a floured work surface. Alternatively, use your hands to gently pull the dough into a thin circle.
- To cover: Season the chopped tomatoes with salt, pepper, basil and olive oil. Squeeze in the garlic cloves. Grate the mozzarella. Lightly grease the grill grate.
- Grills now: The grill must be prepared and at the right temperature! Place the flatbreads on the grill grate. Bake them (possibly covered) until the batter begins to bubble, about 2 minutes. If the pizza base burns too quickly from below, you should reduce the heat or raise the grate higher.
- Cover and finish grilling: Turn the flatbreads over and top them all with the mozzarella and the cooked tomatoes. If you have a lid, close it now and finish grilling the mini pizzas until the cheese has melted. This should be the case after 2 to 3 minutes.
And the grilled pizzas are ready! After that, everyone can decorate their mini-pizza with more fresh herbs and enjoy. (crazy)