Cakes without baking – just the thing for the summer. This cake with skyr and berries is especially fresh, a treat on hot days.
Note to our readers: This article contains related links. This means that we receive commissions from partners. This does not change anything for you.
If it Trend product Skyr A short explanation that has passed you by so far: This is an Icelandic dairy product, whose consistency is reminiscent of a mixture of quark and yoghurt and can also be used in a similar way. This means that you can, for example, make fruit with skyr for breakfast or bake a moist cake with it. And even homemade rolls are extra airy thanks to the ingredient skyr. Here we show you how to make a fresh one Skyr cake prepared with berries. Best of all, this cake does not need to be baked, just put in the fridge. Therefore, it is also the perfect summer cake that cools you down and tastes wonderfully fresh.
Delicious too: Stracciatella cake with strawberries: You must definitely bake this during the strawberry season.
No-Bake Skyr Cake: The Ingredients
For a spring form (24 cm):
- 200 g butter biscuits
- 100 grams of butter
- 400 ml whipped cream
- 2 packets of whipped cream
- 1 kg skyr
- 4 bags of solid gelatin
- 140 grams of sugar
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- berries of your choice, e.g. B: Strawberries, raspberries or currants
Also try: Juicy, fresh, perfect for summer: How to bake fruity lemon slices.
Sample image, not the recipe image itself.
More recipes with Skyr
In the book “Slim Skyr recipes for baking” (advertising link), Icelandic-born Helga Seidel presents the best everyday recipes for cooking and baking with the healthy ingredient skyr.
No-Bake Skyr Cake: How to do it
- For the ground first place the biscuits in a freezer bag and crumble them using a rolling pin. Alternatively, you can of course just chop the biscuits in the food processor.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the crumbled biscuits. Line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper and press the biscuit-butter mixture into the bottom. Cool the biscuit base in the refrigerator for one hour.
- For the filling whip the cream with the hand mixer until it is fluffy, meanwhile let the cream stiffener trickle in. Use a whisk and mix skyr with gelatin fix for one minute. Gently stir in the whipped cream, add sugar and vanilla sugar and stir to combine.
- Now you just put the filling on the biscuit base and put the skyr cake in the fridge for two hours.
- To serve remove the springform pan and lift the refrigerator cake onto a cake pan. Then you can decorate as you like with berries of your choice.
Do not miss anything anymore
Everything that has to do with cooking and baking is available in our regular recipe newsletter.