Ready in five minutes
Quick breakfast idea: Juicy vegan banana bread from the cup
Especially during the week, time is often scarce in the morning. With a juicy, vegan banana bread from the cup, you start the day well-fed. The recipe.
A balanced breakfast is the basis for an eventful day. Just omit “the most important meal of the day”? Too many unthinkable. Nevertheless, there is usually little time for complex preparations during the week. A quick banana bread from the cup is the ideal way to start the day well and above all tasty despite the lack of time.
Banana bread is always good – whether it is for breakfast, dessert or just in between. The sweet pastry tastes wonderfully juicy and sweet and is ideal for processing overripe bananas. The rule here is: the more ripe the fruit, the better. Because the more fructose the banana contains, the sweeter the cup cake tastes in the end. You do not need eggs for the banana bread. It’s vegan. The ripe banana makes it airy and juicy.
Preparation in less than five minutes
The preparation could not be easier: mash the ripe banana to a pulp and mix it with flour, oatmeal, chopped nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut oil and caramel syrup to form a homogeneous dough. As an alternative to caramel syrup, you can also use agave syrup, coconut flower syrup or honey. The mug cake goes into the microwave for a total of two minutes. Be sure to pause the cooking time every 30 seconds – this will prevent the batter from rising over the edge of the cup and overflowing.
When baking, the incomparably delicious aroma of banana bread spreads throughout the apartment – and before you know it, the quick cake is ready and can be decorated with fresh banana slices and syrup or nut butter of your choice.
The quick banana bread from the cup is of course not only suitable for breakfast, but is also the ideal dessert or snack. The treat is also very versatile. The basic recipe can be varied individually to taste with a wide range of ingredients – different types of nuts, dried fruits such as finely chopped apricots, dates or raisins as well as coconut flakes, seeds and seeds make the lightning-fast banana bread multi-faceted and exciting. Especially tasty: Mix in the dark chocolate and a little cocoa powder – you get an aromatic chocolate banana cake, where the melted cocoa harmonizes wonderfully with the airy pastry. Let your imagination run wild and enjoy culinary delights, good appetite!
Recipe for a juicy cup of banana bread
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons spelled flour, type 630
- 1 tablespoon oat flakes, pithy
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Ce ts Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts eg peanuts, almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 1 tablespoon caramel syrup, alternative: agave syrup, coconut flower syrup
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chopped nuts in a cup.
- Add banana, oil and syrup and mix into a dough.
- Use a kitchen towel to remove dough debris from the edge of the cup and bake the 600-watt microwave mug for approx. two minutes. Take a break every 30 seconds to prevent the cake from overflowing.
- Check with a wooden skewer if the cake is done and bake for another 30 seconds if necessary. When no more batter attaches to the stick, the cake is ready.