If you do not know Frau Holle cake yet, it’s time: Summer cake meets strawberry puree and a layer of cream with chocolate chips. The result is a fairy tale cake.
Everyone knows the fairy tale: Mother Holle is responsible for it snowing here. Shakes out their beds, the feathers fly down to the ground like snow. And what does that have to do with a cake plate? Quite simply: The Mrs. Holle cake also has its name to the snow metaphor: the top layer consists of a delicious creamy cream and shavings of white chocolate. And it’s not all the delicacies: Under the white layer there is still a fruity strawberry puree and a fluffy mushroom mixture, which are stirred together in no time and fried on a platter. Try the simple recipe soon, especially in summer it tastes fantastic with fresh strawberries!
Frau Holle cake recipe: the ingredients
|Preparation time:||55 minutes|
|Baking time:||20 minutes|
For the batter:
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams of sugar
- 100 g of neutral vegetable oil
- 200 g sparkling mineral water
- 300 grams of flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 750 grams of strawberries
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 8 plates of gelatin
- 500 grams of whipped cream
- 2 packets of whipped cream
- 150 g white chocolate
Sample image – not the recipe image itself.
Simple sheet cake recipe: Bake Frau Holle cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top / bottom heat or 160 ° C for circulating air. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or an alternative.
- For the batter Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and mix both with a hand mixer until fluffy. Stir in oil and sparkling water. Mix flour separately with baking powder and salt and turn the dry ingredients into the others.
- Then spread the batter on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Then let it cool.
- For covering wash the strawberries, cut them into small pieces and puree them with 1 packet of vanilla sugar.
- First soak the gelatin in cold water, then squeeze it out and dissolve it in a saucepan over low heat while stirring. Add 4 tablespoons of the strawberry puree to the gelatin, stir until smooth and add this gelatin mixture to the remaining strawberry puree.
- Spread the strawberry puree on the cooled biscuit base and let it cool as well. Whip the whipped cream with whipped cream and drizzle in the rest of the vanilla sugar. Spread the cream over the strawberry puree.
- Use a potato peeler and grate the white chocolate on the cream layer.
Yours is ready Mrs. Holle cake. Keep the cake cold until serving, then just cut it into pieces so you can enchant your guests with it. Have fun baking and partying! Can’t get enough of adventure? Then you should also try this Red Riding Hood cake! (crazy)