Updated: 30.01.2022 – 17:06
Looks great and tastes good
This red cabbage pizza is a feast for the palate and the eyes
We have already shown you some creative pizza ideas. A cauliflower pizza, one without yeast or with an unusual topping. Today comes the next surprise. Well, are you ready?
And this is how it is done:
- Crumble the yeast in 10 ml of lukewarm water and let it dissolve for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the red cabbage and coarsely chop it. Then puree with 150 ml of lukewarm water.
- Then mix together flour, sugar and salt. Put the yeast water, oil and 70 ml of the chopped red cabbage in a well, mix gently and start kneading the dough. Add 80 ml of red cabbage mass step by step and work everything into a smooth dough. If it is too sticky, use a little more flour. Then cover the dough and let it rest for an hour.
- It is best to stir the sauce at this time. Peel and squeeze the garlic first, then mix it with the other ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate. Wash the broccoli and salad, cut the broccoli into small pieces and shred the salad a little if necessary. Peel the onion and cut it into rings.
- If the dough has been allowed to rise for an hour, preheat the oven to 230 degrees over / under heat. Roll out the dough, sprinkle flour on a work surface. Place the dough on a baking paper lined baking tray and spread with the sauce. NOTE: Leave an edge free. Top with broccoli and onion and taste again. Then put the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Finally, take the pizza out of the oven, sprinkle with sprouts, lettuce and pomegranate seeds and cut into pieces.
Well, this one Red cabbage pizza looks magical! No wonder, the pureed red cabbage used to prepare the dough gives it a wonderfully intense color. The beauty of pizza: It’s vegan, but you can of course add whatever you want. If you want, you can also make a vegetarian or even meat pizza from it. But we recommend that you try this variant first, otherwise you will not know what you are missing out on.
By the way: pomegranate seeds are not just a great ingredient for sweet dishes. They process increasingly solid dishes like this red cabbage pizza. By the way, the best way to remove the small seeds from the apple is to put it in a large bowl of water. If you pull the seeds out below the water surface, this has two advantages: you avoid annoying paint splashes in the kitchen and make the work easier. The cores remain at the bottom of the bowl, all other components rise to the surface. Just foam them off, then pour the water and seeds through a sieve. Like that, it was very easy!
Not all pizzas are the same, as this red cabbage variety is not the only proof of that. The following ideas show how much potential there is in the Italian classic: Pizza waffles inspire as street food from Belgium. These pizza schnitzels are just as creative. The pizza in the pan is a real gift for motorhomes, but can also be baked in the home kitchen. Or what about the recipes from our gallery?
If you are interested in more ideas from vegan food, it is best to take a look at our topic page. You will also find great recipes with yeast dough there.