Updated: 07.01.2022 – 06:46
To party and enjoy: Fantastic airy sweet cherry cake
Enjoy the summer to the fullest – and behind this simple sweet cherry cake that gets water in your mouth.
And this is how it is done:
- First preheat the oven to 180 degrees top / bottom heat (160 degrees hot air). Wash and stone the sweet cherries.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat until fluffy with a mixer for five minutes. Now gradually sprinkle in the icing sugar. Keep beating, about four minutes. Add soft butter and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder into another bowl and mix well. Add this mixture to the custard and turn it over carefully.
- Grease a square baking tray or line it with parchment paper. Pour in about 2/3 of the batter and spread the cherries on the tray. Press a little into the batter, then spread the rest of the batter over the cherries.
- Put the cake in the middle of the oven and bake for about 40 minutes. When the chopstick test is successful, the cake can be taken out of the oven. Allow to cool briefly in the mold, then turn out. Sprinkle with icing sugar while hot and allow to cool completely. Finished!
For simplicity, many cherry pies are made with jar or canned fruit. This time we go for fresh cherries, although it takes some time to pit them, of course. But the result is always worth it! So go on: behind ours Sweet cherry cake and convince yourself.
Want more delicious pastries with cherries? Try our clafoutis with cherries or this cherry cheesecake with chocolate sprinkles. A pavlova with cherries is also delicious. We show you how to do it:
And if you need more inspiration, take a look at the gallery:
Our theme pages also have advice and recipes for cakes with and without cherries ready for you. Take a look!
Do you prefer to use your smartphone to travel? Get the free recipe app from BILD der FRAU directly on your mobile! Discover many quick and easy dishes, inspiration for a good dinner with friends or delicacies for the home bakery. Apple users can download the app HERE – Android users can find it HERE.