When the temperature is warm, you need a refreshing cake that is easy to bake. How about a delicious creamy lemon tart? Here is the recipe.
Chocolate cake and apple pie: well and good, but on hot days you need a recipe that also suits the temperatures. This means, firstly, that you do not want to stay in the kitchen for long, and secondly, the taste should be refreshing and sour instead of heavy. So one is perfect for spring and summer Lemon cake quite excellent. The French specialtyTart in lemon“Tastes wonderfully fresh and you only need five ingredients (not including salt, because you always have it at home) to bake it! With its crispy puff pastry base and lemon yellow, fruity filling, the tart is also a real eye-catcher on the coffee table.
Lemon Tart Recipe: You only need 5 ingredients
|Servings:||12 pieces (for a 26 cm Ø pie tin)|
|Baking time:||30 minutes|
|cooling time:||at least 2 hours|
- 150 grams of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 grams of butter
- 140 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 organic lemons
How to bake the simple lemon tart with just a few ingredients
- For the dough knead the flour (150 g), a pinch of salt and 75 g of the butter with your hands. Add 4 tablespoons of cold water and continue to knead until you have a smooth dough. Wrap the dough ball in cling film and put in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top / bottom heat. Grease a pie tin and sprinkle it with flour. Sprinkle the work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough in a circle so that it is slightly larger than the pie tin. Carefully lift the dough into the mold and press it around.
- blind jaws: Cover the dough with baking paper and dried legumes (eg baked peas) and pre-fry the bottom on the bottom rack for about 15 minutes. This prevents the dough base from rising and collapsing later or creating ugly bubbles. Then take out the baking paper and the legumes and bake the bottom for another 15 minutes.
- For the filling have the sugar (140 g) and the 3 eggs in a saucepan.
- Wash the 3 lemons in warm water and dry them. Grate the peel – this is a quick and clean way to grate the lemon peel with this trick – and squeeze out the juice. Add lemon peel and juice to the sugar and egg mixture in the saucepan and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cool briefly. Caution: Cooling is important so that the butter added in the next step does not separate and changes consistency.
- Now cut the remaining butter (75 g) into cubes and stir in. Heat the mixture slowly and simmer for 2 minutes until the cream thickens.
- Advantage lemon cream on puff pastry base, smooth them out and put the lemon tart in the fridge for at least 2 hours. The tart will be even better if you let it cool overnight.
To earn you can use Lemon cake For example, sprinkle with powdered sugar (which you can easily make yourself) or serve with whipped cream. Good baking and good appetite! (crazy)