Baked oats have become popular as a breakfast trend at TikTok. And rightly so, because the baked oatmeal tastes like cake for breakfast. We show you how to make baked oats yourself.
Baked oats has without a doubt been the most popular breakfast trend on social media for a while. Even if they Baked oatmeal, ie baked porridge, are very similar, they certainly have their own right to exist. Because thanks to the finely ground oat flakes, baked oats have a finer and juicier consistency.
For baked oats, you need a few basic ingredients a blender. With this you have prepared the dough in a few minutes. Form the basis of the baked oats oatmeal, plant milk, banana, dates or maple syrup too cute.
It is best to buy the ingredients organic quality. How to support one organic farmingwhich are not chemical-synthetic pesticides used, which can enter the food and environment. Recommended organic seals are e.g. demeter, natural land and organic land. For products like chocolate, cocoa or vanilla you should also look for one Fairtrade certification respect, think aloud. The seal shows you that the product was produced and sold under acceptable social conditions.
We show you a basic recipe for vegan baked oats with light and dark varieties. You can of course change the recipe as you wish.
Vegan baked oats: Basic recipe for two servings
By the way: We use a ripe banana for sweetening. If you do not like the taste of bananas, you may end up finding non-banana options for baked oats.
Vegan baked oats
- Preparation: about 10 minutes
- Cooking / cooking time: about 20 minutes
- Audience: 2 servings
Fairtrade cocoa powder
fair trade dark chocolate
Add oatmeal, plant-based milk, ripe banana, dates, peanut butter, baking powder, salt and possibly a little vanilla or other spices such as cinnamon in the blender and mix the ingredients into a viscous paste.
For the light variant, fill half of the dough in a small refractory dish. You can also use an ovenproof grain bowl or a jar with a screw top here.
For the chocolate version, stir the Fairtrade cocoa into the rest of the batter and fill the other mold with it. The chocolate version tastes especially good with a teaspoon of peanut butter as the core.
Top the cakes with chopped dark Fairtrade chocolate, nuts or other ingredients of your choice and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
The baked oats taste hot or cold and stay in the fridge for several days.
Baked oats: Tips and varieties for a healthy breakfast
You can change the ingredients to your liking. Instead of peanut butter also fits Almond butter or hazelnut butter well with that and you can replace the dates with a sweetener you want, for example: maple syrup, concentrated apple juice, date syrup or sugar alternatives such as stevia or birch sugar.
the the length of the cooking time you have it in your own hands. If you prefer a squishy, porridge-like consistency, take the cakes out of the oven after approx. 20 minutes. For a firmer, cake-like texture, bake them for 25 to 30 minutes. You can do the chop test as a test. The baking time also strongly depends on the shape and size of your molds.
Ideas for varieties of vegan baked oats:
- Baked oats without banana: For a more neutral taste, you can divide the banana into 100 grams apple pulp or crushed with 1.5 tbsp linseed mixed with 5 tablespoons of plant-based milk (let it steep before use). Alternatively, the baked oats are also successful if you just omit the banana and add a little more milk or plant-based yoghurt instead. But since the banana brings a lot of sweetness with it, you may have to sweeten it here.
- Baked oats with liquid core: To this you give a teaspoon of peanut butter, jam, some chocolate, chocolate cream or a blob vegan yogurt or vegan cream cheese mixed with maple syrup in the middle of ramekin.
- Additional toppings and ingredients: In addition to chocolate and nuts, grated coconut, kakaonibsdried fruit, blueberry or chopped fresh fruit very well in the recipe. You can also process the cakes with, for example, poppy seeds and grated lemon peel, or one Carrot cake– variety with grated carrots, raisins and walnuts do.
Read more on Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to supply sources are associated links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the revenue from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!