The cherry season has begun and you can already buy the first sweet varieties everywhere. It’s time for a really delicious cherry cake. We have a special recipe for you – clafoutis aux cerises. That’s what the French call him. Clafoutis is a traditional Limousin dish in France. The cake is a classic there, it belongs there as Eierschecke does to Dresden. An intermediate between a casserole and a cake, the pie is often made with cherries, but other fruits can also be used. You absolutely must try it. We’ll tell you the recipe!
Read also: Classics from the GDR: Do you still know Buchteln? With this simple recipe, they taste just like grandma made them
Ingredients for the delicious cherry cake:
You need: 500 grams of cherries, 120 grams of sugar, 100 grams of flour, a little salt and the flesh of a vanilla bean
Read also: Original recipe from the GDR: You must try these sweet spritz cakes – the flavors that grandma used to make
And this is how the delicious cherry cake is made:
1. The first thing you need to decide is whether to leave the cherry pits or not (give the cake a special bitter tone). If you want to remove them, there are some tips that can make it easier for you. First remove the stem and place the cherry with the stem end on top of the neck of a bottle. Now make a hole in the fruit with a spear so that the stone falls into the bottle. Jobs! Try it!
2. Now mix the cherries (hollowed out or not) with half of the sugar and let them simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Mix the eggs and the remaining sugar with a whisk. Now add the salt and vanilla mass. Stir until the batter is smooth.
Also read: Very easy and fast: Italian Focaccia – Only 5 minutes preparation time
4. Melt the butter and let it cool. Now add butter and milk to the batter.
5. Grease the bottom and sides of the springform pan and sprinkle with flour.
6. Now distribute the cherries evenly in the springform pan and pour the batter over them.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and then let the cherry cake bake for 40 minutes. If you want, you can sprinkle some icing sugar on top. Finished!
Enjoy the meal!
The cherry contains many minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron. It also contains vitamins B1, B2, B6 and vitamin C. Cherries also act as a supplier of the vitamin folic acid.
Also read: Just make marshmallows yourself: How to make airy marshmallows with only 4 ingredients
Are you really not allowed to drink water with cherries?
By the way, the fact that you are not allowed to drink water while eating cherries because of the pectin they contain is an old wife’s story. In most cases, you will get a stomach ache if you eat too much of the fruit. However, this unpleasant side effect also occurs with other types of fruit if they are eaten in large quantities.